WELCOME TO SALTASH SAILING CLUB
A message from the Commodore:
Dear Member –
The spring is certainly upon us with the craning operations complete, the dinghy areas filling up and the carpark is now ready for the summer…. Phew!
However, we are not finished yet!
The club house will be reopening as planned on Tuesday 18th May with a fully stocked bar and food will be available as usual, on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings. Sunday lunch will also be on offer with a new summer menu!
Covid trading rules - From Tuesday 18th May:
• Members will still be required to order, eat and drink while seated - ordering at the bar or galley hatch will still not be permitted under the current rules.
• You will be able to meet inside in groups of up to six people - or two households of any size.
• Groups seated outside may have up to 30 people.
• Social distancing measures and face covering rules will still apply (unless exempt). Face coverings must be worn whilst inside the club at all times unless sat at your table.
You may have noticed some improvements in the club house which are set for completion this coming week. This includes a new floor throughout and a new carpet is being laid this coming week. In addition, new floor coverings are being laid in front of the bar and galley area. Martyn (Rear Commodore House) has completed the redecoration of the club room along with the heads and showers. All in all, the club will be looking very smart and refreshed. Lastly, we are in the midst of building an Outboard Motor store at the top of the south slipway which will be a great addition to the club. Catherine will be inviting you to apply for a space in due course so please wait until you receive that email before expressing an interest.
Summer Opening Hours
Tuesday 16:00 – 22:00 (22:30 drinking up time)
Wednesday 16:00 – 22:00 (22:30)
Thursday 16:00 – 22:00 (22:30)
Friday 15:00 – 22:00 (22.30)
Saturday 12:00 – 20:00 (20.30)
Sunday 12:00 – 20:00 (20:30)
Dates for your diary:
• Spring Series Weekend (29th & 30th May) – The spring series will be held over two days this year - Food will be available
• 'Commodore’s Tea Party' (Saturday 3rd July) – Lots of fun, food, music and events on and off the water. A flyer will be emailed to the membership in due course.
• Saturday Dining Night – Every third Saturday of the month during June, July, August, September – John will be making his menus available and bookings are advisable!
Lastly, we are looking for one more member of bar staff on a flexible basis. If you know someone who may be interested, please can you email: email@example.com
No doubt like yourselves, I am looking forward to a great summer on and off the water and I look forward to seeing you all.